close

Sonnet 140  Be wise as thou art cruel; do not press 十二 言


Be wise as thou art cruel; do not press

像你狠心般的明智;放聰明點
My tongue-tied patience with too much disdain;

不要逼得我無言的耐心太甚,
Lest sorrow lend me words, and words express

免得悲哀借給我一些話去說,
The manner of my pity-wanting pain.

而話中表達可憐求愛的丑態。
If I might teach thee wit, better it were, 若

我能教你智慧,就算沒有愛,
Though not to love, yet, love to tell me so;

也最好能用愛的方式告訴我;
As testy sick men, when their deaths be near,

暴躁的病人接近死亡,
No news but health from their physicians know;

只能從醫生的態度了解病況;
For, if I should despair, I should grow mad,

因為,若我己絕望,我就會抓狂,
And in my madness might speak ill of thee;

而瘋狂的我可能會說你壞話;
Now this ill-wresting world is grown so bad,

現在這個病態世界如此惡劣,
Mad slanderers by mad ears believed be.

瘋狂之謗,致瘋狂之耳信其真。
 That I may not be so, nor thou belied,

我可不會如此,你也不必掩飾,
 Bear thine eyes straight, though thy proud heart go wide.

你眼正視著我,心卻神遊他處。


第十一句 Now this ill-wresting world is grown so bad,

現在這個與病魔搏鬥的情況變得如此惡劣。
第十三句 That I may not be so, nor thou belied, 我可不會如此瘋了,你也不必掩飾。
第十四句 Bear thine eyes straight, though thy proud heart go wide. 眼睛強忍著正視我,

而你高傲之心卻己神遊他處。
149

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    莎士比亞十四行詩
    全站熱搜

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()