close

Sonnet 111  O! for my sake do you with Fortune chide 十二言


O! for my sake do you with Fortune chide,

哦!你為我的緣故,向女神爭論,
The guilty goddess of my harmful deeds,

不幸(遭遇)怪罪幸運之神,
That did not better for my life provide 沒

能夠為我更好的生活,提供
Than public means which public manners breeds.

謀生方法,並培育出職業精神。
Thence comes it that my name receives a brand,

從就業後,我名字被貼上標誌,
And almost thence my nature is subdued

而幾乎就從那時,我本性受制
To what it works in, like the dyer's hand:

於工作內容,就像染工的手漬:
Pity me, then, and wish I were renewed;

可憐我吧,希望我能再謀新職;
Whilst, like a willing patient, I will drink

就像一個耐心的病人,我願意
Potions of eisel 'gainst my strong infection;

喝能治療我(被)強烈感染的藥劑;
No bitterness that I will bitter think,

不管多麼苦,我不會認其為苦,
Nor double penance, to correct correction.

不辭双重懺悔,改正以前錯誤。
 Pity me then, dear friend, and I assure ye,

親愛摯友憐憫我,我向你擔保,
 Even that your pity is enough to cure me.

只須你憐憫,已足夠把我醫好。

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    莎士比亞十四行詩
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 貢中元 的頭像
    貢中元

    貢中元的部落格

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()