Sonnet 121 'Tis better to be vile than vile esteem'd, 0303
'Tis better to be vile than vile esteem'd,
(當)如果寧可不願接受世人的羞辱,
When not to be receives reproach of being;
被認為是卑鄙,不如就是卑鄙;
And the just pleasure lost, which is so deemed
不憑自我感受,遷就他人注目(眼光),
Not by our feeling, but by others' seeing:
就完全失去了正常生活真諦(樂趣):
For why should others' false adulterate eyes
為何為了他人摻雜成見之眼。
Give salutation to my sportive blood?
揣以貶褒品評我活躍之熱血?
Or on my frailties why are frailer spies, or
或比我更差者可窺探我弱點,
Which in their wills count bad what I think good?
我認為善的,而他們度之以邪(惡)?
No, I am that I am, and they that level
不,我就是那個我,他們在自己
At my abuses, reckon up their own:
認知的層次算計,而詆毀了我:
I may be straight though they themselves be bevel;
也許我是直的,而他們(自己)不軌至極;
By their rank thoughts, my deeds must not be shown;
依其毛莽思維,難以正聽視我;
Unless this general evil they maintain,
除非他們支持人性生而泛邪,
All men are bad and in their badness reign.
世人皆惡,並以邪惡統治世界。
my deeds must not be shown; 難顯我以正維。
第三句,第四句對調為尾韻
留言列表