close

Sonnet 57  Being your slave, what should I do but tend 忠僕 十一言


Being your slave, what should I do but tend

做為你的奴僕,我可做什麼,
Upon the hours and times of your desire?

只能隨時隨刻伺候你心願?
I have no precious time at all to spend,

我竟然無寶貴的時間可用,
Nor services to do, till you require.

沒有正式工作,直等你差遣。
Nor dare I chide the world-without-end hour

主人,我雖然為你時,
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,

從不敢埋怨工作無始無終,
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour

當你向你的僕人說再見時,
When you have bid your servant once adieu;

我沒想到你不在時的苦痛
Nor dare I question with my jealous thought

帶著嫉妒之心,也不敢詢問,
Where you may be, or your affairs suppose,

你要去那裏,或者去做什麼,
But, like a sad slave, stay and think of nought

亳無思緒,個哀
Save, where you are how happy you make those.

只想著,你到之處,使人快樂。
 So true a fool is love that in your will, *

在你意念裡,愛是何其繆誤(愚昧),  
 Though you do any thing, he thinks no ill.

既使做任何事,他都不嫌惡。


 第五句第六句對調,第七句第八句對調。
十三So true a fool is love that in your will,  說真的,在你的意慾裡是愚昧的。

 Will  翻譯為 意慾, 可參考 sonnet 135, 136,143
第八句:有被辭退的意思。

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    莎士比亞 十四行詩 試譯50首
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 貢中元 的頭像
    貢中元

    貢中元的部落格

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()