close

Sonnet 44   If the dull substance of my flesh were thought, 0304 十言


If the dull substance of my flesh were thought

若我笨重的肉體像思想
Injurious distance should not stop my way;

一樣靈活,那惱人的距離,
For then despite of space I would be brought,

儘管再遠,也不能阻止我,
From limits far remote, where thou dost stay.

到你偏僻遙遠居住之地。
No matter then although my foot did stand

不管如何,即使此時我腳
Upon the farthest earth removed from thee;

可能在離你最遠的地點(方);
For nimble thought can jump both sea and land

因為思想能敏捷的跨躍
As soon as think the place where he would be.

海陸,迅速到達所盼之岸(處)。
But ah! thought kills me that I am not thought,

啊!但思想殺了我(肉體),因為我
To leap large lengths of miles when thou art gone,

不想跨越你(思想)遠離的長距,
But that, so much of earth and water wrought,

但是,這麼多的土水絕隔,
I must attend time's leisure with my moan,

我只能悲泣中,伴度憂鬱,
 Receiving nought by elements so slow

“靈、肉"動作遲緩,亳無音訊,
 But heavy tears, badges of either's woe.

只有熱淚,綬以愁悵之勳。


Sonnet 44 首、45 首中生命構成的四個要素,

火(fire)、風(air) 、土(earth)、水(water)。
第十一句直譯:但是,我的身體是由土和水構成。
第十二句直譯:我必須在悲泣中,服侍陪伴著休閑的時間(暴君)渡過日子。
第十三句 elements, 可以指水與土構成的身體,也可以指sonnet 45 中思維與慾望。

第十四句 = 只有掛著淚水,分別綬他們(靈、肉)愁悵之勛 15

    

蒙太奇手法using 象徵 flesh and though as elements

 

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    圖畫集 莎士比亞十四行詩
    全站熱搜

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()