close

Sonnet 72  O! lest the world should task you to recite 十二言,接第71 首


O! lest the world should task you to recite

哦!免得這世界要考驗你講述
What merit lived in me, that you should love

什麼德,值得你在我死
After my death,--dear love, forget me quite,

後愛我,親愛的,把我全都忘掉(記)
For you in me can nothing worthy prove.

之於你,沒有任何值得認同(追憶)
Unless you would devise some virtuous lie,

除非你捏造一些美麗的謊言,
To do more for me than mine own desert,

做出比我應得的更多的名聲(譽)
And hang more praise upon deceased I

為死去的我,掛出那些我願傳
Than niggard truth would willingly impart:

於世的小確成就更多的讚譽:
O! lest your true love may seem false in this

免得你的真愛在此顯得虛偽(脹,漲,張)
That you for love speak well of me untrue,

令你為愛講的許多不實的我,
My name be buried where my body is,

讓我的名聲同身體一起埋葬,
And live no more to shame nor me nor you.

你與我,不再與恥辱活在一起(一起同夥,活)
 For I am shamed by that which I bring forth,

因為我很慚愧我的作品窳劣(質)
 And so should you, to love things nothing worth.

你也該慚愧,曾經愛那所不值(貲)


第八句,Than niggard truth would willingly impart: 我會情願傳於世那未誇張的小確
真相。
第十句,That you for love speak well of me untrue, 那你因為愛我而講的許多虛假不
實的好話。
075

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()