Sonnet 88 When thou shalt be dispos'd to set me light, (2015.08.05)貢中元譯
2015-08-6 (附1:曹明伦 譯本 附2:梁实秋譯本) 10言 押一韻
When thou shalt be dispos'd to set me light,
當你意欲把我優點貶低,
And place my merit in the eye of scorn,
目光輕蔑,挑剔我的功績,
Upon thy side against myself I'll fight,
我會在你立場,針對自己,
And prove thee virtuous, though thou art forsworn.
證明(顯出)你賢德,雖我遭背棄。
With mine own weakness, being best acquainted,
自身的弱點,自己最熟悉,
Upon thy part I can set down a story
站在你角度,我編擬事迹,
Of faults conceal'd, wherein I am attainted;
描述自己隱污,自我毀詆,
That thou in losing me shalt win much glory:
失棄我,你贏得無數尊榮(友誼)。
And I by this will be a gainer too;
我也可藉此而獲得利益;
For bending all my loving thoughts on thee,
曲意奉承,因我滿腔愛意,
The injuries that to myself I do,
我不斷的自我傷害自己,
Doing thee vantage, double-vantage me.
對你有益,我則双倍得利。
Such is my love, to thee I so belong,
此即我愛,因為我屬於你,
That for thy right myself will bear all wrong.
我担所有錯失,護你權益。
Upon thy part I can set down a story 我在你角度,將劇情編擬。
[附1]:曹明伦教授译本- [附2]:梁实秋译本-
当你有一天决定视我如敝屣 有一天你若是看我不起,
用嘲笑的目光挑剔我的优点, 使我在人眼前受到轻侮,
我会站在你一边攻击我自己, 我要站在你那一面打击我自,
证明你有德,虽你自食其言。 证明你虽不够交情,却无错误。
我对自己的短处了解得最清, 我最明了我自己的弱点,
我会替你记下我的毛病所在, 我支持你我可以自行摊牌,
记下我鲜为人知的劣迹丑闻, 和盘托出我的秘密缺陷;
以便你能因弃我而赢得喝彩; 你断绝我可以获得更多光采:
当然我也会因此而成为赢家, 我这样做也并不吃亏;
因为我对你倾注了满腔爱慕, 因为我全心全意的爱你,
所以我对我自己的大张挞伐 我对我自己如此的诋毁
于你有益对我就有双倍的好处。 于你有益,对我也就大大有利。
此乃我之爱,我完全属于[你], 我的爱如此之深,我和你如此难舍难分,
为了你我甘愿受任何委[屈]。 为了你好,一切苦恼我都能忍。
留言列表