close

Sonnet 84  Who is it that says most, which can say more 十二言


Who is it that says most, which can say more,

誰說的最多,誰說的比這讚美
Than this rich praise, that you alone, are you,

更豐富,那只有一個人,就是你
In whose confine immured is the store

本身蘊藏著經年累月的讚美,
Which should example where your equal grew?

你是與讚美同步成長的範例?
Lean penury within that pen doth dwell

那支拮据之筆,借用你為主題,
That to his subject lends not some small glory;

不能只是加上一些小小榮耀;
But he that writes of you, if he can tell

只要能讓大眾知道,他寫的你
That you are you, so dignifies his story,

就是真實的你,作品自得尊傲,
Let him but copy what in you is writ,

讓他只須按你原貌臨摹真品,
Not making worse what nature made so clear,

別弄壞了造化做的清晰原品,
And such a counterpart shall fame his wit,

這樣的摹本會使他技巧成名,
Making his style admired every where.

使他的風格到處受人們尊敬。
 You to your beauteous blessings add a curse,

你在你美的福份上添了咒詛,
 Being fond on praise, which makes your praises worse.

因迷上了讚揚,使讚美變庸俗(突兀)。

 


 Being fond on praise, which makes your praises worse.

他)迷上了讚揚,而使得對你的讚美更粗俗。

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    莎士比亞十四行詩
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 貢中元 的頭像
    貢中元

    貢中元的部落格

    貢中元 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()